|Completed 2x6 High Wall Raised Bed|
(1) 4x4x8 Pressure Treated Post @ $6.97
(6) 2x6x8PressureTreated Lumber @ $4.57 each
(1) Box of 2-1/2 in Deckmate screws @ $9.37
Optional Materials: chicken wire, weed
Staple gun to secure chicken wire
Total cost for 1 box-$43.76
1. Cut your 4x4x8 post into 4 equal sections of 2 feet.
2. Cut 2 feet off one end of each of the 2x6x8 lumber. This will give you 1 long side and 1 short side from each 8 foot section (for a total of 15" per side).
|Assembling the bed.|
4. Once the short sides are completed, line up the long sides flush with the ends. Secure with scews. (I used 2 screws per each end of the boards).
5. Continue until all boards are attached. If you want the bed to be even higher, there is enough space for 1 more board on each side.
6. Level the area where the bed is going to be placed.
7. Optional: Attach chicken wire to the bottom of the bed with a staple gun to deter small pests. (You will have to turn the bed over or on its side.)
8. Before I set the bed in place, I like to lay down some weed cloth.
9. Move the bed into its final location.
10. You are ready to add dirt! You will need about .6 yards per box.
|Adding chicken wire.|
|A view from the top|